Friday, May 21, 2010

the art trip

I may not come across as the most adventurous person you know but I've definitely always had a thing for traveling. I like getting to stay in new places and learn new cultures and people.
Maybe because I was exposed from a very young age that it's possible to go live abroad for, let's say, studying or work purposes.
I get nervous of course but I'm always excited and I know I can handle myself in a new place no matter what. My AFS exchange year taught me that. No foreign language or hard-to-deal-with people can stop me from adapting to the new experience. I'm not afraid to try :)

This particular passion of mine has drawn me to AFS, which brought me to Switzerland on my exchange year. And its perhaps the reason why I was so sure to choose to study in Singapore. All my Bandung pride wanted me to go to ITB, multiplied by the fact that I was in SMAN 3, where it's almost as if it's a sin if you don't continue to study at ITB. But the fact that I had a chance to live and study in another country all on my own was too tempting to turn down.

Now, I'll be doing an internship in Malaysia this holiday. I could just find some place in Bandung to do it and I'll have an excuse to go home for the holidays, or ask for my lecturer's help to find me somewhere in Singapore where i can do it. But, no, yet again this living in a new country thing is just too fascinating to let go for me :) Some don't get why I would prefer to go to Malaysia when I probably have possible links in Singapore. But I know the company I'll be working in. I know the people. I love their work. And what they're looking for is exactly what I can and love to do. My portfolio *a.k.a. this blog ~ hahaaa* consists of illustrations, graphic designs, 2d animation, and 3d animation & modelling. I'm offering all i can do and I can't blame potential employers to hire me, for let's say graphic design, which I'm not particularly fond of, because I did put it in my portfolio. But Lady Luck was definitely on my side. They're looking for someone who could do 2d hand drawn animation : the thing I love doing the most :)

So I'm more than excited and more than nervous as well. These guys have mad awesome artworks and i have to do better than my best to fit in.

Wish me luck, folks! :) ♥


0 comments: